Before Moriarty’s became a what it is today, it was residential, then became a shop called W.F. Jones Tailoring for a few decades.
Then something drastic happened:
In 1927, as the Forrest Theater in Philadelphia broke ground right next-door, the abandoned storefront became a bar.
Opening as the Star Lite Cafe on Walnut street, and the Footlight Cafe down Quince Street, there was a third entity created on the second floor: Rusty’s.
For over 77 years our building has been serving the public delicious food and spirits. Today, Moriarty’s Restaurant and Irish Pub continues the tradition by offering quality food, great drinks and warm hospitality to our restaurant patrons and clientele that rent our premier banquet facilities. Celebrating our 45th year in this historic location, we at Moriarty’s are proud to be Philly’s favorite Irish Pub.